- Two of our Partners, Derek Nash and Mark Hoffinger, coach little league sports.
- Kendra has attended over 600 hours of training in Dispute Resolution throughout her time at law school. Sometimes the courtroom is not the venue best suited to resolving a legal dispute, and it is important to consider all your options when building a durable solution.
- During law school, Kendra Morris worked with Professor Ruby Dhand to create what is now the student TRU Community Legal Clinic. The project took three years, from the initial volunteer Legal Information Service to opening the doors of the clinic on April 1, 2016.
- Kendra Morris was licensed to fly a plane solo before she was licensed to drive a car solo.
- In 2016, Michael Cashion visited 9 cities in 8 different countries in 23 days.
- Michael Cashion reads The New Yorker on Sunday afternoons (when life allows).
- Michael Cashion’s dream job growing up was a music critic.
- Nick Demiantschuk will again be bringing greetings from the Austrian Ambassador, the Austrian Government and the Mayor of Vienna at the Annual Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert.
- Nick Barton has traveled through Morocco and spent time camping in the Sahara.
- While completing his undergrad, Nick Barton founded the Strength Fitness and Wellness Club at the University of Calgary, which provided support, free member sessions and organized community events at the University of Calgary.
- Nick Barton volunteered with Middlefield Collegiate Institute during law school, provided grading and feedback on legal research and mooting projects for the students.
- At law school, Nick Barton participated in the yearly Mock Trial show, choreographing dance and preparing skits.
- DBH Law has been providing legal solutions for over 20 years.
- Steven Breslauer’s favourite food is pizza. He could easily eat pizza for all 3 meals in a day.
- Steve Breslauer lived in Cardiff, Wales for 3 years. He has traveled nearly all of Western Europe twice!
- Jo-Anne Yau can speak English, French, and Cantonese.
- In 6 weeks, Jo-Anne Yau swam 84km and raised over $5,000 for the YMCA to provide sports equipment and nutritious lunches for kids in their summer camps.
- Jo-Anne Yau has acted for NFL and NCAA football players, music recording artists, international fashion models and a champion professional surfer.
- Nick Demiantschuk was recently promoted to Honorary Consul General for the Republic of Austria.
- Drew Gromnicki is a huge fan of watersports, including swimming, sailing, surfing, body surfing and sailboarding.
- Drew Gromnicki is the dad of four 4-legged babies.
- Drew Gromnicki was a career student with 3 post-secondary degrees.
- Drew Gromnicki has owned and operated hotel properties.
- Drew Gromnicki is in the process of renovating a 1936 Spanish Hacienda Ranch style house.
- Drew Gromnicki has performed in various commercials and movies.
- Drew Gromnicki has visited more than 20 countries and has lived in 3 on a full-time basis.
- DBH is the registered office for over 1000 corporations – and counting.
- Nick Demiantschuk is a member of the Opimian Wine Society – but he likes beer, too.
- Nick Demiantschuk is an adjudicator at the Globalfest fireworks festival.
- As a team, Nick Demiantschuk, Derek Nash and Mark Hoffinger have medaled 3 times in Trivia at the Calgary Corporate Challenge.
- DBH Law has great foods at the most amazing potluck lunches.
- DBH staff and lawyers wrote, organized and participated in a mock trial on employment law for Law Day 2015. Check out our News section for more details!
- Mark Hoffinger was a Nightclub DJ and Wedding DJ during his Undergrad and was also “on-air” for a period of time in Vancouver.
- Judy Burke is a member of the Alberta Law Society Practice Review Committee.
- Nick Demiantschuk has traveled to 41 countries and 175 cities on 5 continents (so far)…
- Nick Demiantschuk has reviewed over 320 restaurants for TripAdvisor.
- The Law Society of Alberta has recognized Nick for his 30 years of service – for 27 of those years he was a partner in what has become DBH Law.
- Halloween brings out some of the best costumes in the legal community at DBH Law.
- An annual Poker Tournament is named after Tom Milley, a partner who passed away. All the proceeds of this tournament go to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary.
- We are sponsors of Globalfest, the biggest festival in Calgary without horses.
- You can incorporate a company with the help of a lawyer for as little as $399.
- Our lawyers have incorporated over 5000 companies.
- Judy Burke is the Chair of the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters; a non-profit organization whose mission is to have every child have a mentor.
- We forego our fee for commissioning or notarizing documents in exchange for a donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary. Last year, this initiative raised over $6,000.