- Irfan Tharani has given his time to over 15 volunteer agencies in the city of Calgary.
- Irfan Tharani was once nominated for an Immigrant of Distinction Award.
- Irfan Tharani has an obsession with Subaru.
- Irfan Tharani moved to Canada when he was 17, having grown up in East Africa.
- Gord Cormie has practiced law in Alberta for more than 40 years.
- Nick Demiantschuk has traveled to all 10 provinces and is setting his sights on the territories now.
- Brian Kot has his name on the Bonspiel Cup 3 times – twice as the skip for DBH.
- Brian Kot is an avid curler and is on a team at the Glencoe.
- Gord Cormie runs 10-15 km a day.
- Nick Demiantschuk’s TripAdvisor reviews have been read by more than 650,000 people.
- Nick Demiantschuk has provided TripAdvisor with over 925 reviews from around the world.
- Judy Burke was appointed “Queen’s Counsel” in recognition of her contribution to the legal profession and public life.
- In February 2018, DBH Law became a certified Great Place to Work®.
- Two of our Partners, Derek Nash and Mark Hoffinger, coach little league sports.
- In 2016, Michael Cashion visited 9 cities in 8 different countries in 23 days.
- Michael Cashion reads The New Yorker on Sunday afternoons (when life allows).
- Michael Cashion’s dream job growing up was a music critic.
- Nick Demiantschuk will again be bringing greetings from the Austrian Ambassador, the Austrian Government and the Mayor of Vienna at the Annual Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert.
- Nick Barton has traveled through Morocco and spent time camping in the Sahara.
- While completing his undergrad, Nick Barton founded the Strength Fitness and Wellness Club at the University of Calgary, which provided support, free member sessions and organized community events at the University of Calgary.
- Nick Barton volunteered with Middlefield Collegiate Institute during law school, provided grading and feedback on legal research and mooting projects for the students.
- At law school, Nick Barton participated in the yearly Mock Trial show, choreographing dance and preparing skits.
- DBH Law has been providing legal solutions for over 22 years.
- Steven Breslauer’s favourite food is pizza. He could easily eat pizza for all 3 meals in a day.
- Steve Breslauer lived in Cardiff, Wales for 3 years. He has traveled nearly all of Western Europe twice!
- Nick Demiantschuk is the Honourary Consul General for the Republic of Austria in Alberta.
- Drew Gromnicki is a huge fan of watersports, including swimming, sailing, surfing, body surfing and sailboarding.
- Drew Gromnicki is the dad of four 4-legged babies.
- Drew Gromnicki was a career student with 3 post-secondary degrees.
- Drew Gromnicki has owned and operated hotel properties.
- Drew Gromnicki has performed in various commercials and movies.
- Drew Gromnicki has visited more than 20 countries and has lived in 3 on a full-time basis.
- DBH is the registered office for over 1000 corporations – and counting.
- Nick Demiantschuk is a member of the Opimian Wine Society – but he likes beer, too.
- Nick Demiantschuk is an adjudicator at the Globalfest fireworks festival.
- As a team, Nick Demiantschuk, Derek Nash and Mark Hoffinger have medaled 3 times in Trivia at the Calgary Corporate Challenge.
- DBH Law has great foods at the most amazing potluck breakfasts and lunches.
- Mark Hoffinger was a Nightclub DJ and Wedding DJ during his Undergrad and was also “on-air” for a period of time in Vancouver.
- Judy Burke is a member of the Alberta Law Society Practice Review Committee.
- Nick Demiantschuk has traveled to 51 countries and 212 cities on 5 continents (so far)…
- Nick Demiantschuk has reviewed over 420 restaurants for TripAdvisor.
- The Law Society of Alberta has recognized Nick for his 30+ years of service – for 31 of those years as a partner in DBH Law and its predecessor firms.
- Halloween brings out some of the best costumes in the legal community at DBH Law.
- An annual Poker Tournament is named after Tom Milley, a partner who passed away. All the proceeds of this tournament go to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary.
- We are sponsors of Globalfest, the biggest festival in Calgary without horses.
- You can incorporate a company with the help of a lawyer for as little as $425.
- Our lawyers have incorporated over 5000 companies.
- We forego our fee for commissioning or notarizing documents in exchange for a donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary. Last year, this initiative raised over $6,000.